Tuesday, October 6, 2009

DAY 1: The Five-Minute Fanny Wobble


The Rule of the Morning: 
Get dressed and washed and ready to go in the space of strictly FIVE MINUTES

Now, I am a girl that likes to take her time in the morning, and I am talking like an hour minimum. I am a circus act in the morning, chopping and changing outfits until I have run out of time, and leaving for college still feeling uncomfortable. I decided that if I succeed in the five minute challenge, it meant that I had 55 more minutes of much needed sleep each night. But, when my alarm went off at 8: 45 when I had to be at college by 9: 00, I almost peed my pants. 

Five minutes later, I left the house feeling absolutely squeamish. I felt naked. And when I walked into college half expecting people to projectile vomit as I came past, I was surprised to see that no-one seemed to notice anything different about me! I told some friends about how I took five minutes to get ready and their response was: 'But you look just like you do every day!' And suddenly I realized that they were right! 

Now there is a point to be made here. I seem to have thought that just because it took an hour to decide what I was wearing, meant that I would automatically look better... Or something like that... I am so confused as to why I thought I needed that much time! But I am glad to announce that from now on, 5 minutes is all I really need! The above picture is of how I looked today.

Now stay posted, because tomorrow the rules get WAAAAAAAY more challenging... 

3 comments:

  1. Its ridiculous how good you look after 5 minutes! I hate you!
    But really...excited to see what comes next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confidence makes any outfit look good and I have always felt that you have loads!!
    Can't wait to see what you wear tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I totally know what you mean, sometimes I'll take like 2 hours to get ready or miss the first lecture just cos I was still getting ready. I think its because I hate being rushed!
    You look stunning in 5 mins... XOXO

    ReplyDelete